Mimby Jones Robinson is a Melbourne artist. Fabulous headdresses are one of her specialities and recently I had the pleasure of being able to make a headdress of my own with her.
MAKE YOUR OWN HEADDRESS
The ingredients are:
- fake flowers
- wire (measured so that it fits around your head)
- hot glue
- electricians tape
- get your piece of wire and secure the two ends.
- find your starting place then begin securing the flowers – do this by getting the end or stalk of the flower and wrapping it around the wire and then secure with a piece of the electricians tape.
- continue securing the flowers – you can do this in a pattern or just keep adding the flowers until you are satisfied with the fullness of the headdress ( as you are going it helps to try the headdress on so that you can see how it looks)
- once you are happy with the look, cut a piece of ribbon about …cm long and hot glue it to the wire, then begin wrapping it around the wire and through the flowers keep cutting pieces of ribbon and wrapping them around until the whole surface is covered ( although this is not really necessary it gives the headdress a more finished look)
YOU ARE NOW READY TO WEAR YOUR AMAZING HEADDRESS
Ways To Wear Your Headdress:
- you can wear it as a headdress
- you can wear it as a belt
- you can wear it as a necklace
Places To Wear Your Beautiful Headdress:
- you can wear it to a party or other celebrations
- you can wear it around the house
- you can wear it anywhere, it is perfect to jazz up a plain outfit
Photo to come!